The College of Information and Computing Studies adheres to the institution’s mission by developing graduates to be globally competitive, holistic, and upright professionals in their chosen field of Information and Communications Technology. It is also the advocacy of the college to be an apostle of life-long learning in search for the advancement of the technologies by means of research and extension service, and exploring the horizons of knowledge defying the rule of impossibility.
The College of Information and Computing Studies is envisioned to be a Center of Excellence in Information Technology Education in the region.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
NEW: BS in Computer Science Major in Business Analytics
BSCS is the study of concepts and theories, algorithmic foundations, implementation and application of information and computing solutions. Its specific objectives are as follows:
- The graduates are able to apply mathematical foundations, computer science and theories, and algorithmic foundations in the modeling and designing of computer-based systems.
- The graduates are able to design and develop software systems of varying complexity.
- The graduates are able to pursue researches that can contribute to the development of the computer science body and knowledge.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
BSIT is the study of utilization of computers and computer software to plan, install, customize, operate, manage, administer and maintain information technology infrastructure. Its specific objectives are as follows:
- The graduates are able to apply current technical concepts and best practices in the field of Information and Communications Technology.
- The graduates are able to identify and analyze user needs in the selection, creation, evaluation, and administration of computer-based systems.
- The graduates are able to pursue IT projects and studies that can contribute to the advancement of information technologies.
Bachelor of Science in Information System
NEW: BS in Information System Major in Service Management
BSIS is the study of design and implementation of solutions that integrate information technology with business processes. The BSIS program prepares students to be IT professionals and be expert on design and implementation of IS for business processes. Its specific objectives are as follows:
- The graduates are able to analyze processes that support delivery and management of information systems.
- The graduates are able to apply business process reengineering tools and techniques which will assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
- The graduates are able to pursue projects and studies that can contribute to the enhancement of information system management.